» Buyers Guide » BMW Convertibles
BMW Convertible Cars:
BMW stand as one of the leading builders of convertible cars. In the 1980s they helped to revive the cabriolet with the E30 3 Series which proved to be wildly popular.
The secret of the BMW convertible was to make the car both practical and desirable. They managed it with great effect and their soft-top car sales only continue to grow. Today BMW convertibles are the market leaders in many sectors thanks to great build quality and impressive driving dynamics. The range includes both fabric and hard top convertibles with 4 seats as well as the sporty Z4 Roadster.
Select a BMW convertible:
- BMW 1-Series Convertible (2008-2015)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E46 (2000-2006)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E90 (2007-2013)
- BMW 6-Series Convertible E63 (2004-2011)
- BMW M3 Convertible (2008-2013)
- BMW M3 Convertible (2001-2006)
- BMW M6 Convertible (2009-2011)
- BMW Z4 M Roadster (2006-2008)
- BMW Z4 Roadster E85 (2003-2008)
- BMW Z4 Roadster E89 (2009-2017)
Not completely unexpected but a very pleasant surprise is the new BMW i8 Roadster. The futuristic hybrid i8 Roadster comes alongside a facelifted version of the coupe.
The next generation smaller BMW Convertible has been unveiled. The BMW 2-Series Convertible is the successor to the 1-Series droptop but joins the German brand’s slightly confusing new naming strategy.
The latest high performance 4 seat convertible from BMW will be called the BMW M4 Convertible but don’t worry, it couldn’t be more M3 if it tried. The 4-Series is still based on the platform of the 3-Series car but the name is used tho separate the more sporting coupe and convertible models.