» Buyers Guide » Economical Convertibles
With oil prices continually rising in addition to increasing fuel taxes, fuel economy has never been more important. Thankfully the latest computer controlled engines make the most of every drop of fuel to increase power from small engines to produce these particularly economical convertible cars.
Select from these economical convertibles for more information:
- Audi A3 Cabriolet (2008-2013)
- Citroen C3 Pluriel (2003-2010)
- Daihatsu Copen (2004-2012)
- Nissan Micra C+C (2005-2009)
- Smart fortwo BRABUS cabrio (2007-2014)
- Smart fortwo cabrio (2007-2014)
- Smart Roadster (2003-2007)
- Smart Roadster Coupé (2003-2007)
- Vauxhall/Opel Tigra Twintop (2004-2009)
- Volvo C70 Convertible (2006-2014)
Not completely unexpected but a very pleasant surprise is the new BMW i8 Roadster. The futuristic hybrid i8 Roadster comes alongside a facelifted version of the coupe.
The Audi A3 Cabriolet has only just been released and already the German premium brand is adding to the range. A new entry-level 1.6 TDI makes the A3 Cabrio range more accessible while Quattro adds versatility.
While details of the new Aygo are yet to be released, both the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108 will be offered with a roll-back convertible roof. The fabric roof will be offered in several contrasting colours and works in a similar way to the Fiat 500C and Citroen DS3 Cabrio that we recently reviewed.