» Buyers Guide » Premium Convertible Cars
Premium Convertible Cars:
The premium convertible sector has always been dominated by the big three German luxury car brands Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz. They now see increasing competition from Japan with Toyota’s well established Lexus label and Nissan’s newer Infiniti brand.
One car that has tradionally been a force to reconned with in this sector is the Saab 9-3 Convertible. However, since the Sweedish firm has seen budget cuts from owners GM, updates have been little more than cosmetic as it slips behind it’s rivals.
Select from these premium convertible cars for more information:
- Audi A3 Cabriolet (2008-2013)
- Audi A4 Cabriolet (2001-2009)
- Audi RS4 Cabriolet (2006-2009)
- Audi S4 Cabriolet (2004-2009)
- Audi TT Roadster 8N (1999-2006)
- BMW 1-Series Convertible (2008-2015)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E46 (2000-2006)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E90 (2007-2013)
- BMW M3 Convertible (2008-2013)
- BMW M3 Convertible (2001-2006)
- Infiniti G37 Convertible (2010-2013)
- Lexus IS Convertible (2010-2013)
- Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Cabriolet (2006-2009)
- Mercedes-Benz CLK Cabriolet (2003-2009)
- Mercedes-Benz SLK (2004-2011)
- Saab 9-3 Convertible (2003-2012)
- Volvo C70 Convertible (2006-2014)
Lexus are keen to get the public’s attention for their Lexus LF-C2 four-seat convertible car concept with a teaser campaign and now a Los Angeles Auto Show debut. This premium sports convertible looks perfect for the West Coast market.
While the first generation BMW 4-Series Convertible is yet to be revealed the newly released Coupe details hint to what the drop-top version may hold. The 4-Series is BMW’s rebranding of what was previously sold as the 3-Series Coupe and Convertible.
The acclaimed Jaguar F-Type design has had no shortage of attention thanks to its exotic looks and an impressive media campaign. Even before the first cars have reached dealers it has began to notch up awards.