» Buyers Guide » Mid-sized Convertible Cars
Mid-sized Convertible Cars:
Medium sized convertibles are particularly popular due to their practicality. They are relatively inexpensive to buy and run, have seating for four and reasonable luggage space.
Many have retractable hardtops and are generally based on a hardtop version of the car. The benefit is that the car shares many parts with mass market cars making them cheaper to build and maintain. On the downside, cutting the roof off a normally fixed roof car can take away much of the structural integrity. Manufacturers make up for this by adding reinforcement which adds weight and can still leave some flexing.
Modern medium sized convertibles are improving dramatically when it comes to chassis stiffness and only the most demanding of drivers may be affected.
Select from these mid-sized convertible cars for more information:
- Audi A4 Cabriolet (2001-2009)
- Audi RS5 Cabriolet (2012-2015)
- BMW 1-Series Convertible (2008-2015)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E46 (2000-2006)
- Chrysler 200 Convertible (2011-2014)
- Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (2005-2008)
- Chrysler Sebring Convertible (2008-2009)
- Ford Focus CC (2006-2010)
- Ford Mustang Convertible (2007-2014)
- Lancia Flavia (2012-2014)
- Lexus IS Convertible (2010-2013)
- Mercedes-Benz CLK Cabriolet (2003-2009)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet (2013-2017)
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder (2006-2011)
- Peugeot 307 CC (2003-2008)
- Peugeot 308 CC (2009-2014)
- Pontiac G6 Convertible (2006-2009)
- Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet (2003-2009)
- Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet (2010-2016)
- Saab 9-3 Convertible (2003-2012)
- Toyota Camry Solara Convertible (2004-2009)
- Vauxhall/Opel Astra Twintop (2006-2010)
- Volkswagen Eos (2006-2015)
News About Mid-sized Convertible Cars
BMW 2-Series Convertible Revealed
The next generation smaller BMW Convertible has been unveiled. The BMW 2-Series Convertible is the successor to the 1-Series droptop but joins the German brand’s slightly confusing new naming strategy.
Unique First Mustang Convertible a Charity Prize
Start buying raffle tickets now because that is the only way you will be able to get your hands on the first new Mustang Convertible to roll off the production line. As part of the celebration of 50 years of the Ford Mustang.
Opel Cascada trademark filed in US
There have been various rumours of the Opel/Vauxhall Cascada four seat convertible being sold in America under the Buick brand since General Motors CEO Dan Akerson hinted that the car may be amalgamated for the US market.