» Buyers Guide » Convertibles that run on Diesel
Convertibles that run on Diesel:
Only a few years ago the very idea of a diesel convertible car seemed rather ridiculous. Diesel cars were noisy, smelly things that made long term savings for drivers covering thousands of miles where as convertibles were driven at the weekends for a short journeys in the sunshine. That has all changed thanks to modern technology and rising fuel costs.
The modern diesel engine is quiet and refined. Often it is hard to distinguish them from their gasoline powered counterparts. The savings are still there but now magnified by higher fuel prices effecting all drivers. Add to this the practicality of modern insulated soft-tops and folding hardtops and the convertible can be a workhorse as well as a weekend plaything.
The ticket price is often higher so you will need to work out whether or not you will be making a saving depending on how long you will own the car and how many miles you will travel. Some will always want to hear the sound track of a petrol engine – don’t forget that you hear it so much more with the top down in a convertible car, but diesel convertibles have taken an important place in the European market and are growing in popularity in the US.
Select from these convertibles that run on diesel for more information:
- Audi A3 Cabriolet
- Audi A5 Cabriolet
- BMW 2-Series Convertible
- BMW 4-Series Convertible
- BMW 6-Series Convertible
- Jeep Wrangler
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz SLK
- Mini Convertible
- Mini Roadster
- Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet
- Vauxhall/Opel Cascada
- Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet
- Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet
- Aixam Scouty R (2000-2013)
- Audi A4 Cabriolet (2001-2009)
- Audi TT Roadster 8J (2007-2015)
- BMW 1-Series Convertible (2008-2015)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E46 (2000-2006)
- BMW 3-Series Convertible E90 (2007-2013)
- BMW 6-Series Convertible E63 (2004-2011)
- Chrysler Sebring Convertible (2008-2009)
- Ford Focus CC (2006-2010)
- Land Rover Defender SVX (2009)
- Peugeot 206 CC (2001-2007)
- Peugeot 207 CC (2007-2014)
- Peugeot 307 CC (2003-2008)
- Peugeot 308 CC (2009-2014)
- Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet (2003-2009)
- Saab 9-3 Convertible (2003-2012)
- Smart fortwo cabrio (2007-2014)
- Vauxhall/Opel Astra Twintop (2006-2010)
- Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet (2003-2011)
- Volkswagen Eos (2006-2015)
- Volvo C70 Convertible (2006-2014)
A new California based company have revealed their new sports car – the Rezvani Beast based on the British Ariel Atom – a stripped back track demon.
A new version of the infamous British track-focused roadster has been revealed. The Ariel Atom 3.5R features updated suspension, gearbox and styling. The refinements keep the Atom at the pole position of hardcore track day ready sports cars.
Launch of the Trident Magna Roadster raises the question once again of whether it is viable to start a small sports car company when buyers are so accustomed to digital-age levels of safety, reliability equipment levels and build quality.